Re: [hyades-dev] Manual Testing

Hi Shobhit,

Hyades does not currently support simultaneously launching a test on multiple machines via a single gesture.  This is an interesting requirement, but not something that we have attempted to address thus far.  Although we allow artifacts to be deployed to multiple locations, the act of launching a test implicitly launches only test.  You may deploy other test artifacts to other locations, and those artifacts may ultimately be used by your test (if the test is designed to use those artifacts on those other locations), but only one test will be invoked.

Your observation that you can specify more than one deployment in a launch configuration is, in my opinion, a defect.  I'll speak to the developer of the code and understand if this was intended or not, and will file a bugzilla record to address the issue.

As an aside, the configuration and deployment portion of Hyades Test is not very mature yet -- the 3.0 release is the first release which supports automatic deployment of tests at all.  If you have additional requirements that you'd like to place on the configuration, deployment and/or execution areas, this is the right forum to begin those discussions.  We can also get you added to the agenda of the Execution Environment team meetings (chaired by Kent Siefkes, kdsiefke@xxxxxxxxxx).

Thanks,
--Joe

Joe Toomey
Senior Software Engineer
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
"Maini, Shobhit" <Shobhit.Maini@xxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/11/2004 01:29 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[hyades-dev] Manual Testing

Hi,

I am using the manual testing feature of Hyades. For this purpose I have created two artifacts (Artifact 1 & Artifact 2, both having the same test suite and datapool as their assets) and two locations (Location 1 and Location 2, both different machines).Now in order to do proceed with manual testing I have two scenarios:

1.        Single deployment

I created a deployment called deploy and made two Artifact-Location pairs in the deployment
Pair 1 - (Artifact1, Location1)
Pair 2 - (Artifact2, Location2)
To run the test I selected the deploy deployment and ran the test.

Observations – The test was executed at only one location and this location being the location of the pair that is on the top of the list on Artifact-Location pair.

2.        Two deployments

I created two deployments - deploy1 and deploy2 both having only one Artifact-Location pair.
deploy1 – (Artifact1, Location1)
deploy2 – (Artifact2, Location2)
To run this test I selected both deployments and ran the test.

Observations – The test executed from only one location and this location being the location corresponding to the deployment which appears on the top of list of deployment in the run wizard.

I have the following queries on my observations:
a)      Can manual tests be run from a single location only?
b)      If they can be run from multiple locations, what are the steps for it?

Thanks and Regards,

Shobhit

ForwardSourceID:NT0001DBAA

Back to the top