[hyades-dev] Manual Testing

Hi,

I am using the manual testing feature of Hyades. For this purpose I have created two artifacts (Artifact 1 & Artifact 2, both having the same test suite and datapool as their assets) and two locations (Location 1 and Location 2, both different machines).Now in order to do proceed with manual testing I have two scenarios:

  1. Single deployment

I created a deployment called deploy and made two Artifact-Location pairs in the deployment

Pair 1 - (Artifact1, Location1)

Pair 2 - (Artifact2, Location2)

To run the test I selected the deploy deployment and ran the test.

Observations – The test was executed at only one location and this location being the location of the pair that is on the top of the list on Artifact-Location pair.

  1. Two deployments

I created two deployments - deploy1 and deploy2 both having only one Artifact-Location pair.

deploy1 – (Artifact1, Location1)

deploy2 – (Artifact2, Location2)

To run this test I selected both deployments and ran the test.

Observations – The test executed from only one location and this location being the location corresponding to the deployment which appears on the top of list of deployment in the run wizard.

I have the following queries on my observations:

a)      Can manual tests be run from a single location only?

b)      If they can be run from multiple locations, what are the steps for it?

Thanks and Regards,

Shobhit

Back to the top