Re: [hyades-dev] hyades agent

I would recommend checking your filter settings.
If you accidentally filter out some packages used by your test you will not receive any data, although the agent controller will be running.
It is just an assumption, but imagine you have a test that executes package 'foo' for 15 minutes and then switches to package 'bar'. If you filter the package 'bar' out, the outcome will be very close to what you have described.

--Victor

Victor L.Havin
IBM Rational
ASQG
vhavin@xxxxxxxxxx

Kim Coleman/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/09/2004 03:16 PM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [hyades-dev] hyades agent

hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/09/2004 02:16:02 PM:

> ...I am running an automated test that takes
> approximately an hour to run. After about 15 minutes of the
> automated test running on the java application, the hyades agent
> seems to stop recording data. ...

Michael, you can try increasing the servicelog.log logging levels to see if there is still message traffic when data collection appears to stall.

Edit RASERVER_HOME/config/serviceconfig.xml, locate the AgentControllerConfiguration and set loggingDetail=HIGH and loggingLevel=DEBUG. It will look something like this when you're done:

<AgentControllerConfiguration activeConfiguration="default" filePort="10005" jvm=yourpath loggingDetail="HIGH" loggingLevel="DEBUG" port="10002" processPolling="true" securedPort="10003" version="3.0.1.1">

Then stop and restart RAServer. A lot more information will go into servicelog.log now. Probably more than you want to know, in fact. :-) But one of the things you can definitely see is whether or not data is flowing back to your workbench from the data collection agent.

-Kim

Kim Coleman
PurifyPlus Development
IBM Rational Software, Cupertino, CA