[hyades-dev] TPTP Marketing Group Meeting minutes, October 21st 2004

Title: TPTP Marketing Group Meeting minutes, October 21st 2004

1. Attendees
Ian Skerrett, Eclipse
Barbara Stewart, Patterson Associates
Ling Yao, Intel
Melanie Woods, Scapa Technologies
Marie Godfrey, CA

2. PR
We are targeting a 3.2 press release at Software Test and Performance Conference on Dec 7-9.  To make it news worthy, we need a Linux/open source story besides a technology release.  New members and commercial adoptation will help too.  To have an effective press release, analysts will be contacted ahead of time.  Ling will secure Intel PR/AR support.  This is the schedule with associated action items:

Oct 25: Features and benefits of 3.2, Linux/open source story and updated analyst presentation - Ling
Oct 29: Draft press release - Ian and Melanie
Nov 2 : Identify spokespersons and assure availability
Nov 3 : P&A outreach to analysts: Gartner, Forrester, Meta, IDC, Red Monk - Barbara
Nov 3 : Outreach to editors - Ling / Intel PR
Nov 5 : PMC approved press release and analyst presentation - Ian and Melanie
Nov 15: Analyst interviews begin
Dec 7 : Press release goes out

Action: Marie to provide definitive dates for CA annoucement of joining Eclipse.
Action: Melanie to get more detailes on Mike Norman's effort on TPTP on Linux

3. Agend Controller naming:

To combine the accuracy/broadness of "Agent Controller" with user-friendlyness of "Data Collection Engine", we come up with two more options to consider: Data Controller and Data Collection Controller.

Action: All to get feedback from individual companies for naming preferences.

Next meeting: Thursday, October 28th, 2004
Time: 5pm BST / 6pm CET / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT

Call-in details:
Tel: 8-356-2663, +1 916-356-2663
Bridge: 1
Passcode: 2118238