[hyades-dev] Hyades (TPTP) Committer call - 18 Oct 2004 - MINUTES

Attendees: Antony, Eugene, Harm, Joe, Nellie, Richard, Rob, Todd

Hyades 3.0.1.1
- Final expected build last week -- 76023 still in an open state; Todd confirmed this fix was checked-in, and will mark this as resolved
- No commitment yet from IES to declare 3.0.1.1 closed; Hyades will allow for at least one week of no new requests from IES before declaring, and creating a 3.0.2 stream

Hyades 3.1
- Announced last week
- Issue: an api was accidentally broken last week, affecting Scapa code
- Nellie will add a message to the website's "What's New" section, stating that 3.1 is bad, and a new driver will be provided soon
- Per Joe, fix is trivial
- All Committers must ensure fix is properly tested
- Harm recommends to fix/test, and plan for a 3.1.1 release within the next few days
- Antony confirms a few days will be ok for Scapa

Hyades 3.2
- Committers to ensure all records targeted for "3.2" in Bugzilla are re-targeted to "3.2 i1" or "3.2 i2"
- All i1 features & defects on target?
- Joe, Richard, Antony, Eugene -- yes
- Todd, Nellie -- none currently targeted for i1
- Remember: i1 code phase is 4 weeks, but i2 code phase is only 3 weeks

Post-3.2
- Content currently being planned; PMC F2F last week proposed dividing features across the 4 TPTP sub-projects (aka themes)
- Common ones are going to Platform, but the rest are going to the sub-projects
- Harm to send matrix to Committers, listing functionality going into each sub-project; requesting feedback:
- Need plugin names matching functionality
- Any of the 200+ plugins that could fit into >1 cell would go into Platform
- Map owners to each plugin, so we'll know all committers; at least one owner name will be listed in each cell
- This call represents all of TPTP project; each sub-project will likely hold its own coordination mtgs, so this might become a roll-up call
- As we enter 3.2 i2, we want to begin implementing this approach, so by the start of 2005, we'll be on the new process

Hyades 3.0.2
- Stream will be created when 3.0.1.1 is closed
- No translation or UI
- Hyades does not want IES to have full control over content, as was the case with 3.0.1.1
- Tentative IES 3.0.2 schedule:
- Nov 29 - first defect submissions accepted
- Jan 14 - final defect submissions accepted
- Mar 18 - target GA

Misc
- Licensing
- Currently under CPL, all changing to EPL, starting with Hyades 3.3
- Also, any new code in 3.2 should include an EPL statement
- In our source files' copyright statements, this basically translates to changing "common" to "Eclipse"

* END *

Back to the top