Re: [hyades-dev] Request for discussion on proposed extensions to the existing Hyades testing resources (org.eclipse.hyades.tests).

In terms of the priorities we are looking at for the near term releases, getting this working is important. We are also looking for a model of useage of TPTP (formerly known as Hyades) which we can propagate across the Eclipse community. I know that there are some contributing organizations looking at leveraging TPTP Test tools for their own purposes, and it would be great (for all sides) if some element of that internal activity could be focussed in this direction for a while.
Mike

Paul Slauenwhite wrote:

Hyades-dev,
     The IBM Toronto Hyades Team has written and currently executes 792
functional manual test cases on Hyades code.  These test cases are
contained within an internal repository with results capturing and
tabulation capabilities.  The Toronto Team would like to start leveraging
Hyades Test to test Hyades plug-ins by migrating these manual test cases to
Hyades EMF Test cases.  The org.eclipse.hyades.tests project within CVS
that Antony Miguel has contributed provides an excellent organization for
amalgamating these 792 functional manual test cases and numerous other
decentralized (see plug-in source trees) JUnit test cases.  In the process
of planning for this migration, we have identified several to the
organization of the org.eclipse.hyades.tests project and the process of
executing tests and capturing results within this project.

      I would like to hold a call for those interested to present and
discuss these extensions to the existing Hyades organization
(org.eclipse.hyades.tests project).

     Please respond if interested in discussing these proposed extensions.

PS

Paul Slauenwhite
IBM Toronto Lab, Canada

Internet: paules@xxxxxxxxxx