[hyades-dev] Planning Group & PMC Group Notes for September 21st, 2004

1) Attendance
Attending:
Tyler Thessin, Intel
Sri Doddapaneni, Intel
Harm Sluiman, IBM
Serge Lucio, IBM
Mike Norman, Scapa
Melanie Woods, Scapa
Don Ebright, Compuware
Jim Saliba, CA
George Din, FOKUS

Not Attending:
Gian Franco Bonini, SAP
Ling Yao, Intel (optional)

2) Minutes and matters arising
Nothing to report

3) PMC and Eclipse interaction
Sri Doddapaneni will start attending this meeting and going forward will

help coordinate the project activities. Starting this week Sri will
replace Melanie in drafting and publishing meeting minutes. Thank you
Melanie for your services until now.

F2F: Tyler sent out Draft agenda for the F2F to the attendee list. Tyler

is asking for feedback and expects to revise it before the start of the
F2F meeting. Harm and Serge from IBM plan to attend the F2F meeting.

Tyler indicated that he has received committer and contributor list from

member organizations. He plans announce the lists, and membership of
requirements, planning and architecture groups for TPTP at the F2F.

BIRT: Mike asked if there is any concerns that we need to raise tomorrow
about getting our requirements incorporated and about the charter
overlap.
Harm thinks there are no concerns as the discussions with BIRT are
positive.
BIRT project creation review meeting is tomorrow. Tyler and Anurag from
Intel plan to be present at the review meeting. Harm can not make the
meeting.

4) Operation of the current plan
3.0.1: is declared as GA. The driver was published today.

3.0.2: is holding and may be targeted for next year. This will include
bug
fixes that are stop ship against 3.0 and 3.0.1. Workbench folks
indicated
there is a need for these bug fixes.

3.1:	Added an extra week of bug removal. Entered stability testing
phase
of two weeks. Progressing to the original plan.

CPL -> EPL transition:
Need to work the details regarding aligning with Eclipse release with
EPL.
Current contributions are under EPL and releases are under CPL & EPL.
Contributions for 3.1 need to be under CPL if we want to ship under CPL.

5) Technical forward plan
3.2:	Next week, we will start iteration 1 of plan. Release date
posted on
eclipse.org is December 30th. But the internal target date is December
17th.

6) Internal and external communication
Last week, the group focused on EclipseCon. Ling Yao put together
suggested topic list and owners. Owners are responsible for content
or delegate to others who can put together the content. Additional
topics are welcome. We are also looking for volunteers to do tutorial
presentations. Key notes and plenary sessions will be project neutral.
Individual top level projects will see a stream of presentations
(estimated to be 3-6). Mike is trying to get the number increased.
Tutorials are highly sought after and can run to 1/2 day to day. There
is
no specific limit on the number of tutorials and but there will be a
limit
at the conference level. Ling has been coordinating submissions from
TPTP.
Ian Skerrett, Eclipse marketing director is encouraging the TPTP
marketing
Group and PMC to consider targeted audience and pick a select list of
analysts to talk to promote TPTP. IDC, Forrester, Gartner.

Next Planning Group meeting: Tuesday, 28th September (at TPTP Q F2F)
2004,
- 5pm CET / 4pm BST / 11am EST / 8am PST

Sri Doddapaneni
Infrastructure Architect & Lead
Performannce Tools Lab
Software Products Division / SSG