[hyades-dev] Testability Interface discussion

An issue that came up on the choreography group call today was that of
in the future, splitting up the TPFSUT object into 2 parts: an interface
(testability interface) and an implementation.  This separation is part
of the concept of a testability interface.

It makes sense to think of the TPFSUT as the interface part but we need
something else (new) to represent an implementation.
The question is - where does this thing go?

My current thoughts are that you specify things like the host and
platform etc in the deployment rather than the testsuite, so you would
specify the particular SUT implementation or binding in the deployment
as well. This way the test stays portable and you can swap in and out
different bindings without modifying the test.

Another thought separate to the above issue is that I think the SUT
should reference the implementations rather than contain them.  This
means the testability interfaces (SUTs) can be defined separately from
their implementations.

I'd like to hear if anyone has any comments on this issue.

thanks

Antony Miguel
Scapa Technologies
antony.miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx