[hyades-dev] Request for feature: streaming support for trace data

I'm working on analysing profiling data for COTS based systems. I did a
presentation of my work at CAS two weeks ago and I'll be presenting a paper
at CASCON on that topic. I'm currently looking at implementing my analysis
methods on top of Hyades.

Problem: manipulating profiling trace data in Hyades requires the trace to
be loaded in memory. Consequently large traces cause the host to run quickly
out of memory and paging causes very slow response time.

Feature request: some kind of streaming support on the TRC model to
transparently load and save to disk TRC objects. Ideally a database backend
would be nice but it could be probably implemented at the collection level
too. I've been in contact with R. Duggan who told me that there has been
work in this direction.

I'd be willing to contribute and help for that feature.

Erik Putrycz, PhD - Research Associate / erik.putrycz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx / (613)
990 0681
Institute for Information Technology - Software Engineering Group
National Research Council, Canada - Building M-50, 1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1A 0R6

Back to the top