[hyades-dev] Hyades Committer call - 20 Sept 2004 -MINUTES

Attendees: Antony, Eugene, Harm, Joe, Kent, Nellie, Richard, Rob

Hyades 3.0.1
- No fixes went in last week; none scheduled for this week; GA driver approved

Hyades 3.1
- Defects targeted for 3.1 i2 were to have been all closed out by end of last week
- 15-20 still open as of today
- Focus on test this week
- We should have a 3.1 driver today to start testing on
- No need to request approval this week for bug fixes; however next week will be required (3.1 shut-down)

Hyades 3.2
- Design phase scheduled to start next week
- To recover the one-week delay of 3.1 i2 testing (due to focus on defect-fixing last week), we will remove one week of coding/unit test from 3.2 i2
- Currently, ~200 defects/enhancements are targeted for 3.2
- We need to focus on reducing our defect backlog
- During 3.2 Design phase, we need to re-assess our 3.2 commitments, given the loss of one week of coding
- See updated project schedule on eclipse.org

Misc
- Atlantic asked IES to plan for a 3.0.1.1, if must-fix defects are found; Hyades will support this if a firm plan is identified
- Kent identified an issue with Novell... IES no longer supporting NLD; supports SLES 9
- Fix not needed for 3.0.1, but recommended for 3.0.2 (we need to determine if this is a Hyades or Novell issue)
- From last week's planning mtg, several new reqts on Hyades
- Next week, quarterly Hyades planning mtg (Harm & Serge attending); Committers requested to:
- Inspect list of reqts on eclipse.org resulting from earlier f2f PMC mtg, and determine if anything should be removed from, or added to, the list
- Determine expected maintenance cost for your area of Hyades (maintenance = defects, newsgroups, papers, reviews, IES support, etc.)
- Eclipse core will start milestone plan in Oct, and plans to deliver 3.1 late next spring
- Plan for milestone drivers every six weeks (currently planned through April)
- Harm asking for the timing of their code freeze, so we can deliver our Hyades code

Defects reviewed

73074 - Richard: must update record with details of cause, restriction, etc. (Atlantic needs for filing NL support deviations)
74087 - Richard: re-target from 3.1 i2 to 3.0.2

* END *

Back to the top