RE: [hyades-dev] integration vs interfacing, was: goals for script/record/play

From my point of view the larger portion our audience is not doing "green fields" development; people are extending and build on existing products/projects.  Therefore we must make Eclipse/TPTP attractive enough for people to want to switch.   I believe this would include items from three general areas:

1) Test/Project management (really another topic)
	How many tests do we still need to write?
      How many of the tests are passing/ fail?
	How many of the tests past before or failing now?
	How many defects are there?...
	Many teams don't have this level of management and sorely need it.  By providing this management support and reporting capabilities (canned or not) people have reason to come over.

2) Existing test cases   (interfacing)
	The testing teams already have a large investment in test cases.  We do not want them to rewrite them.  These test cases can be in the form of scripts (perl, python, etc.), open source tools (Grinder, HttpUnit etc.), and/or commercial tools (winrunner etc.)
	Interfacing tools allows teams to keep their current investment.

3) The ease of writing new test cases with Eclipse/TPTP and the promise of further tool plug-in's from open and commercial sources (integration?)
	U2TP to auto generate test cases etc.
	Also, there are many testing tools that are junit extensions.  It seems that every time I talk to someone I find out about a new one. Should our Junit derivate support select a few tools and integrate them or do we provide a way for people to integrate any tool they want by giving a few examples?

Regards,
Jim Saliba