RE: [hyades-dev] [JUnit extensions] goals for script/record/play

THis kind-of relates to an old issue of the replayability of the Hyades
trace model - the old trace/test duality.

There was a lot of discussion of this and I think the point we got to
was that the current Hyades Trace Model would be extended to cover
method data, C/C++ and protocols such as HTTP and would become the
recording persistence format for the various sample tools.

Then, the traces themselves wouldn't necessarily be used as replayable
test models, there would be a process of trace-test conversion which
mapped between them, and obviously allowed you to hang datapools and
other things around them.

There was a lot of stuff relating to Uber-models, UML2 behaviours,
external behaviours etc. that surfaced at the point when this was first
discussed, and someone (e.g. Harm) should confirm that the above is the
latest position.  I think the last time it came up was in May at the
F2F.

Mike Norman
Hyades Test Project Lead