RE: [hyades-dev] Test Management Enhancements

From the bottom up. yes you can annotate an event from the execution environment with "ANY" thing you want. Build ID etc. are good candidates to formalize as we go forward.

automated defect reporting is possible, but at the moment it would be a P3 ;-)

Yes we need to work with record based resources no mater where they are stored. We also need to define the minimal construct for some of these data types. This should become clearer as Joe gets the first draft for discussion written down. Basically you can imagine a data source providing an implementation and when they register the support it includes meta data about the structures they support. I would hope a minimal mapping for various open source systems like bugzilla would be a good and useful example test case, just as CVS is for change management. But that will depend on how this settles and who is up for donating code ;-)
Thanks for your time.
Harm Sluiman, STSM,
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920
cell: 416-432-9754
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Gabrielle Chapman chapmaga@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 969-2323

"Saliba, James" <James.Saliba@xxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/13/2004 03:32 PM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

<hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [hyades-dev] Test Management Enhancements

Hello Harm,
Great.  If we want to track test X to defect Y and requirement Z; then can I assume that there is some type of requirements management and defect management existing or in the planning stages?  Do we want something new, or to work with things like CMF Tracking and Bugzilla?

You commented on addressing batch execution, does that include automatically opening defect reports?

I will need to look through the RFE’s, but, when we run tests and have a pass or fail status.  Can we also carry the product build id or version id the test was done against?

Regards,
Jim