Re: [hyades-dev] Hyades Session Management Proposal

Thoughts on this draft of the session management document:

The description for the term Connection lists various connection types,
but not "Agent to Agent." Is that a supported type of connection? Maybe it
isn't: the agent initiating such a connection is actually acting as a
client. I think it deserves a mention so the reader doesn't have to ask
himself questions like this.

In CID_CREATE_SESSION, what is the unit for the timeout? Four bytes is a
lot of milliseconds. What does the timeout apply to? You obviously have
something in mind, but it's not in the document so I can't tell what it
is.

Obviously this document doesn't address dropped sessions. Does the HCE
ever clean up an unclosed session?

-- Allan Pratt, apratt@xxxxxxxxxx
Rational software division of IBM

Back to the top