[hyades-dev] Choreography HCE requirements latest update

I've updated the document to include the recent changes suggested in the
discussions:

- integer variable ids
- explanations of methods
- addition of an 'event_based' field to Variable type

My argument for setting the value in the Variable object and then
setting it using setVariableValue(Variable v) or
setVariableValues(Variable[] v) is that the user of the interface
doesn't have to worry about storing variable values separately from the
Variable classes and it is more convenient to have an array of Variable
objects where you set values and then set/get them atomically using
set/getVariableValues(Variable[]) than having to create Object arrays
the same size as the variable arrays to store their values.  I think it
just saves work maintaining links between a Variable object and its
associated value somewhere else.

I've also changed the VariableGroup type to have a Variable array
instead of an int array to represent Variable IDs.  This means when you
get the group structure you also get the Variable information with it
and you don't have to poll once per group to get Variable information.

I've mentioned it in the document but I expect the Variable values to be
null when they are first fetched and that if someone wants the values
for a variable or an array of them they have to call
getVariableValue(s).  This means that if a variable has a large value
(e.g. a large string) then we don't send all the variable values back
right away (which is potentially expensive and slow) when someone gets
the group structure.  If people feel differently about this then we
could always have a  boolean on the Variable and VariableGroup fetching
methods etc which specifies whether the values of variables should be
returned along with their structures.

cheers

Antony Miguel
Scapa Technologies