From: sluiman [mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 12:07 PM
To: hyades-dev
Subject: Re: [hyades-dev] New Branches in the CVS

Although I agree we need to start the process of putting this code into
the mainstream. We first need to have a full review of the design and
impl, as well as how it fits and what scenarios it affects. This won't
happen in a couple of days and we should start with the usage model that
drives this and how it fits.

Thanks for your time.
Harm Sluiman, STSM,
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920
cell: 416-432-9754
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Gabrielle Chapman chapmaga@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 969-2323

Richard Duggan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/29/2004 09:04 AM
Please respond to
hyades-dev

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [hyades-dev] New Branches in the CVS

From my point of view he can.   I do not see any reason we would want to
stop people from starting to execute the 3.1 plan at this point in time.

Richard K. Duggan
Problem Determination Enablement
IBM Toronto Laboratory
External: 905-413-2396
Internal: 969-2396

            Mike Norman

            <Michael.Norman@s

            capatech.com>
            Sent by:                  hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

            hyades-dev-admin@
cc
            eclipse.org

Subject
                                      Re: [hyades-dev] New Branches in

            06/28/2004 04:39          the CVS

            PM

            Please respond to

               hyades-dev

Richard, harm

Does this mean George can start dropping his various statistical agents
(JMX, Linux, Solaris etc.) into the head stream?

Mike

Richard Duggan wrote:

>Let me spend a moment and elaborate on what Qiyan has said below.
There
>are now two additional branches,  Hyades_v3_0_0 and Hyades_V3_0_1.
This
>note describes how to commit code to these branches as well as the
tagging
>requirements.
>

>Hyades_v3_0_0
>
>Hyades_v3_0_0 is a snapshot of what we are declaring as 3.0.  Nobody
should
>be adding code to this branch and its intention is to provide a means
of
>quickly responding to any issue that would deem the 3.0 release
incomplete.
>If anything is added to this branch 3.0 branch it will also need to be
>reflected in the Hyades_v3_0_1 and HEAD branches as well.
>

>Hyades_v3_0_1
>
>Hyades_v3_0_1 is under strict approval mode right now.  If you receive
>approval to place a fix into this branch you must also place your fix
into
>the HEAD branch as well.
>

>Tagging Files
>
>It has been a convention to tag all of the files when committing
changes.
>Files are tagged with bugzilla_xxxxx where xxxxx is the associated
bugzilla
>defect that has substantiated this change.  Having such a mechanism in
>place allows us to track what changes have been committed for a
specific
>defect.  Unfortunately this is a bit messy when dealing with the
>maintenance branches.   When making changes to the same file in
multiple
>branches you cannot tag the same file with the same tag in more then
one
>branch.  In order to track changes that are specific to the branches we
use
>for maintenance I would like to see the following convention
>bugzilla_xxxxxx_yyyyyyy where xxxxxx is the bugzilla defect number and
>yyyyyy is the tail end of the branch name, for example:
>bugzilla_68521_v3_0_1.  Please note, there is no need to add the branch
>name for the HEAD branch.  This allows us to track any number of
>maintenance branches as well as keeping it clean for the green thread
of
>adding code to HEAD only.
>
>Richard K. Duggan
>Problem Determination Enablement
>IBM Toronto Laboratory
>External: 905-413-2396
>Internal: 969-2396
>

>             Qiyan

>             Li/Toronto/IBM@IB

>             MCA

>             Sent by:                  hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

>             hyades-dev-admin@
cc

>             eclipse.org

Subject

>                                       [hyades-dev] New Branches in the

>             06/28/2004 12:00          CVS

>             PM

>             Please respond to

>                hyades-dev

>Folks,
>
>A new branch has been created in the CVS repository: Hyades_v3_0_1, and
the
>HEAD is now for Hyades 3.1 work.  Please note that you should only
check
in