From: apratt [mailto:apratt@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 6:38 PM
To: hyades-dev
Subject: Re: [hyades-dev] PMC transition and Post-3.0 plan

Mike,

At the risk of "fracturing the discussion," has anybody else noticed
that
there are two releases in September? I don't know what "coverage
expansion" means, and neither will people deciding which Hyades to pull
and why. (I'd check that URL but the external network is down or too
slow.)

Furthermore, having those two releases with very similar version numbers

is going to be a problem. The numbers 3.1 and 3.01 are only
distinguishable if you see them both in the same sentence. If you see
"3.1" written or hear it spoken by itself, it's ambiguous: you don't
know
whether the writer or speaker is being imprecise and is really referring

to 3.01.

I'll take this to hyades-dev if you think it's appropriate, but I wanted

to ask on the side in case it has already been discussed.

-- Allan Pratt, apratt@xxxxxxxxxx
Rational software division of IBM