[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[hyades-dev] Planning Group & PMC Group Notes for May 10th, 2004

Apologies for the late distribution of these minutes.

Planning Meeting

1) Apologies etc.
	Attending:
	Mike Norman, Scapa
	Gian Franco Bonini, SAP
	Serge Lucio, IBM
	Harm Sluiman, IBM
	George Din, FOKUS
	Don Ebright, Compuware
	Bob Styles, Compuware
	Brian Roberts, Compuware
	Joel Hawkins, Compuware

	Observing:
	Melanie Woods, Scapa

	Apologies:
	Tyler Thessin, Intel
	Rob Sinclair, IBM

2) Minutes and matters arising
Mike noted that Tyler would be unable to attend the meeting due to 
illness. Harm noted that Rob would also be unable to attend the call.

3) Operation of the current plan
- Draft text outlining the Hyades position on supporting U2TP was sent 
to the planning group prior to the call. Feedback requested prior to 
distributing this position to the hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing group.
- Defect fixing continues. 30 defects were targeted to be fixed during 
the M9 release phase, and the team is on target to achieve this. Only 2 
new major bugs have been uncovered. The total number of bugs and 
requests for future releases is currently 244. The team is confident 
this number will drop.
- Rob is now tracking the arrival and fix rates of these defects. 
Arrival rates have dipped under 100 per week. Agreement that it would be 
useful to make these reports more widely available.
- Antony Miguel's (Scapa) manual test suites plug-ins for Hyades have 
been reviewed and some changes made to their structure. These are 
scheduled to go into the release.
ACTION - Rob to begin publishing his bug reports on the website.
 
4) Technical forward plan
- Mike emailed a request for additional requirements suggestions to 
hyades-dev, but has had no response. He will send a second email 
request.
- Mike had also emailed Scapa's suggestions for additional requirements 
to hyades-dev, but had no response, so will resend this too.
- Harm and Serge, with the assistance of their teams, project managers 
etc, are both documenting the IBM additional requirements suggestions 
and will publish these prior to the face to face meeting.
- Gian Franco indicated that he may want to propose some ideas.
- Dan and others from Compuware suggested that the main issues from 
their perspective at this current time were the data collection 
infrastructure, including access to firewalls, and scalability. 
- It was pointed out that there are currently no recorded bugs relating 
to Hyades scalability.
ACTION - Mike to contact Dave Thomson regarding Eclipse post 3.0 plans.
ACTION - Mike to send second email to hyades-dev to request additional 
requirements suggestions and resend Scapa requirements.
ACTION - Harm and Serge to make their additional requirements 
suggestions documents available before the face to face meeting.
ACTION - Mike to confirm details of the Face to Face meeting (18-20th 
May), and if a Planning Group call would be required next Monday (17th 
May). (DONE)

5) Internal and external communication
- Serge has included additional information to his Hyades document based 
on both Mike and Gian Franco's feedback, and will distribute updated 
documents to the group (on hyades-dev). He has some resource to edit and 
proof-read the document prior to uploading this to the website.
- Scapa is to use the posters from EclipseCon for the upcoming Eclipse 
reception event at ICSE in Edinburgh (May 27th). Melanie is collecting 
these for submission to the event organisers. Neil Sanderson, Antony 
Miguel (both Scapa) and Gian Franco's posters have all been received. 
Richard Duggan's (IBM) has yet to be received. Harm will ask him to send 
this.
- Eclipse PR sub-committee are keen to distribute a press release 
regarding 3.0. Melanie will coordinate with committee to send details of 
new Hyades feature points for inclusion in this release. Proposed date 
for press release is currently 21st June.
ACTION - Harm to ask Richard Duggan to send his EclipseCon poster to 
Melanie for use at the Eclipse Technology eXchange (eTX) reception.
ACTION - Melanie to continue to pursue any PR opportunities for Hyades 
with regard to Eclipse 3.0 PR activities.

6) AOB
- The attendees from Compuware agreed to be open about their attendance 
at this meeting. Don Ebright will be the main Compuware representative 
at the Planning Group meetings, while Joel Hawkins will sit in on the 
Committer calls as an observer at first.
ACTION - Melanie to send minutes to Don Ebright.

Next Planning Group meeting: Monday, 24th May 2004 - 6pm CET / 5pm GMT / 
12pm EST / 9am PST

----------------------------

PMC Group Meeting

Notes will be distributed to hyades-dev after approval at meeting of May 
24th, 2004

1) Apologies etc.
	Attending:
	Mike Norman, Scapa
	Gian Franco Bonini, SAP
	Serge Lucio, IBM
	Harm Sluiman, IBM
	George Din, FOKUS
	Don Ebright, Compuware
	Bob Styles, Compuware
	Brian Roberts, Compuware
	Joel Hawkins, Compuware

	Observing:
	Melanie Woods, Scapa

	Apologies:
	Tyler Thessin, Intel
	Rob Sinclair, IBM

2) PMC and Eclipse interaction
- Mike briefly explained the drafting of the new PMC charter, the 
processes Hyades is going through, and the discussion documents, 
including the development process document, that are being produced for 
further discussion and agreement at the face to face meeting.
- Rob, Alex Nolan (Scapa) and Karla Callaghan are still working on 
drafting the development process document, although progress has been 
made.
- The attendees from Compuware agreed that they were happy to engage in 
these processes more fully following the face to face meeting and 3.0 
release.
- If the new Eclipse Executive Director has been selected before the 
face to face meeting, attempts will be made to make this person aware of 
the group's proposals for Hyades.
ACTION - Tyler to document the PMC charter discussions held to date for 
review at face to face meeting.

3) AOB
Nothing to report

Next PMC Group Meeting: Tuesday, 25th May 2004 - 6.30pm CET / 5.30pm GMT 
/ 12.30pm EST / 9.30am PST