Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 6:50 PM
Subject: [hyades-dev] Committer vote required for M10 checkin

The following M10 defect require Committer's approval: (I vote YES)

Target drop date to cvs:                May 27 afternoon EST

Target Regression test complete:        June 1 (Joe Toomey)
Target candidate drop:                        June 3(pass 3)

Defect
:
bugzilla_64399 --
Execution history type is overwritten when model is reloaded

Rationale
:

A type field was added to the execution history model in 3.0 to allow for
cases when the test is deleted, and we still must determine the type of test
that was run when the execution history was created.  This feature is not
used by Hyades directly, but is required by some products building on top
of Hyades.

The setTest method of TPFExecutionResult automatically assigns the type of
the execution result to the type of the test that is being set (to keep the type
values in sync.)  However, when the model is being reloaded, the parameter
passed in for the test has not yet been loaded by EMF, and calling getType()
on the test returns null.

Risk Assessment
:

No API change.   Simply test to see if the new test's type is null before assigning the execution history's type to it.

Low risk change.

Joe Toomey
Senior Software Engineer
Rational Software