[hyades-dev] Data collection meeting minutes from 5/11

Attending:

    Kim Coleman

    Andy Kaylor

    Vishnu Naikawadi

    Hoang Nguyen

Topics discussed:

    We talked about the state of the current layer 0 protocol proposal.  As next steps, we need:

    1. an overview/description of the intended architecture to clarify terminology and the relation between components

    2. a revised document that incorporates feedback to this point

    3. a consensus on byte ordering issues

    4. general buy-in on this stage of the design

    We discussed issues related to the Agent Manager proposal (as seen in Kim's earlier e-mail).

    We discussed various options for byte ordering.  We did not feel we had sufficient representation to make a decision.  In order to avoid situations where two systems with like byte-ordering architecture both re-order bytes on every exchange, I propose that we have a canonical specification for the connect command (Big Endian), but have the server dictate the byte ordering to use for subsequent commands as part of its response to the connect call.  Feedback on this (positive or negative) would be appreciated

    We agreed that there will be no meeting next week because of the face-to-face.  Weekly meetings will resume on May 25.

Tasks agreed upon:

    Kim will make first draft of the architecture terminology document.

    Andy will incorporate feedback into layer 0 document.

Back to the top