Re: [hyades-dev] Input documents for Hyades overview section

Sorry for the late answer. I was reviewing the docs to push them for the editing process...

p. 4 Yes, Test Context is simply what used to be called a Test Suite in the UML2TP. I remove it for the sake of clarity.

p. 5 I am not sure will get to reasonnable estimates. I removed the cost aspect of it.

p. 9 I think we need to update the formation document too.

p. 13 A Test Motivator is actually called a Test Objective in the U2TP. It is what motivates a test.

p.15 Hyades doesn't provide that directly but can rely on the team interface supported within Eclipse. This team interface integrates with CVS, but also commercial solutions such as Rational Clearcase

Updated document to follow...

Thanks, Serge.

Serge Lucio
Sr. Product Manager, Automated Software Quality
Rational CTO Team
IBM Software Group
Office: +1-781-676-7673
Cell: +1-781-640-8902

"Bonini, Gian Franco" <gian.franco.bonini@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/15/2004 09:06 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

"'hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [hyades-dev] Input documents for Hyades overview section

Hi,

I had a look at the document on 'Adopting the Hyades Platform'. I'm mostly happy with it. A few comments:

- p.4 mentions "Test Suites, Test Cases, Test Contexts". What are test contexts exactly? The last I heard was that "Test Context" was going to replace the concept of "Test Suite" in UML2TP. Is that the case? (I haven't found any reference to Contexts in the latest UML2TP spec). Or are they two different things?

- p.5 I'm curious whether we can come up with reasonable estimates for the number of Person Weeks/Months for adoption level 1, 2, etc. Since we at SAP are at a very early stage on the Hyades adoption path, we cannot provide numbers for that, and I would be very interested to hear about other people's experiences.

- p.9 I was a bit confused by this picture. Perhaps we should first agree on an architecture document to establish terminology and concepts we can refer to in this slide. Currently we have the document on the "Formation of the Hyades Project", dating from Oct. 2002. Is everything there still relevant? For example, I was puzzled by the elements 'master' and 'Test Master Control Interface' on this slide. Sure enough, these concepts are mentioned in the "Formation" document but I don't recall them having been used in the discussions I attended.
One small suggestion is to show explicitly on the picture what's part of Eclipse and what runs on the RA Server. I also think the role of the 'value pairs' that appear between the two RAC elements and between 'Test components' and 'Executor' should be clarified. Why isn't there an XML Channel between the two RAC components (as on page 30)? That channel is also used for execution events, right?

- p.13 What's a 'Test Motivator'?

- p.15 "Tests can be organized, versioned using Hyades test navigator...": does Hyades provide any kind of versioning support?

Thanks,
Gian Franco

--------

Gian Franco Bonini