Re: [hyades-dev] Protocol Layer Zero, rewritten

Everything in your layer zero document seems ok to me.

I got a bit confused about what the byte boundaries for the different message parts were but I think they are all just multiples of 4 bytes - is that right?  I'm just thinking about byte-alignment on some big endian architectures - which can be fixed and it won't cost anything significant in the handshake messages but it's something to bear in mind for later message specifications.

In your "Agent Manager Interface" document you describe a mechanism to discover agent's capabilities through an interface ID list in a registry.  Is this the logical place for the interfaces I described a while ago to fit in?

   e.g. a new interface descriptor HII_HYADES_AGENTCONTROL
            that lets an agent export control + configuration variables?

If so then I can see my interface definitions being required at a couple of different levels:
    1. defined as an interface in the Hyades Collector registry with a particular set of commands (and protocol?)
    2. defined as a Java interface or class that some part of the Hyades Collector returns (something like TRCAgent)

does this make sense?

What layer do these interfaces sit on?  (what layer do the specifications for these interfaces use?)

If the above makes sense to everyone then I can draft the interfaces I think we need at the Java client level for now and then when we've specified that layer we can define them for that too?

cheers

Antony