From: sluiman [mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 6:21 PM
To: hyades-dev
Subject: Re: [hyades-dev] Hyades testing structure

The initial request was all about using Hyades to test Hyades. Manual
and JUnit were the candidate starting points on the call when it was
discussed a few weeks ago. Perhaps this was lost in translation.

If Hyades is not using Hyades, why would anyone else? We can discuss
this at the next commiters call if needed.

Thanks for your time.
Harm Sluiman, STSM,
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920
cell: 416-432-9754
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Gabrielle Chapman chapmaga@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 969-2323

"Antony Miguel" <antony.miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/29/2004 11:43 AM
Please respond to
hyades-dev

<hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [hyades-dev] Hyades testing structure

The testsuites we have at the moment are all standard JUnit testsuites
and testcases.

The "org.eclipse.hyades.tests.AllTests" class is very simple - it just
loads one standard JUnit testsuite per plugin and creates one overall
standard JUnit testsuite that contains them all.

If the Hyades JUnit runner can run mixed tests then the "AllTests" class
could easily be refactored into a Hyades JUnit testsuite which did the
same thing and potentially also contained a bunch of Hyades JUnit
testsuites - which would allow developers to run their existing JUnit
tests along with any new Hyades JUnit testsuites at the same time.

If it can't run mixed tests and we want to support both standard JUnit
tests and Hyades JUnit tests then we'll need an extra structure similar
to the existing ones for Hyades JUnit tests.

does this sound right?

Antony