Re: [hyades-dev] Stability of the current WSWB M8 driver (200403261517)?

Hi Joe,

Regarding the stability of the driver, I have 2 tips:

1. Increase the heap size
2. I had some problems running with 1.4.1 JVMs

Here's how I am invoking Eclipse

eclipse.exe -data <your workspace> -vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=<eclipse directory>plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.13

Btw, the java.endorsed.dirs argument is required to gen your EMF models from a XML schema.

Best regards,

Marcelo Paternostro
IBM Toronto Lab
Voice: 1-905-413-3942
Fax: 1-905-413-4920
internet: marcelop@xxxxxxxxxx

Joseph P Toomey <jptoomey@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

31/03/2004 10:23 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Robert Sinclair <rsinc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[hyades-dev] Stability of the current WSWB M8 driver (200403261517)?

I picked up the latest WSWB M8 driver (200403261517) yesterday, and having used it only sparingly, I have some concerns about stability.  The driver hung once when I was trying to do a CVS Synchronize with Repository, and crashed once when trying to launch a runtime workbench.  I'll paste the log from the crash at the bottom of this note in case anyone is curious, but the problem is not reproducible.  Beyond these problems, I have also seen the Build Project and Build All menu items disabled in the Java perspective (with a java project selected in the package explorer), and I don't know if that is a reproducible defect or not.

Given that this driver could become the WSWB M8 driver, I'd like to solicit feedback from other people using this driver.  Within the next 48 hours, can you please post if you have encountered the problems I describe above, or if you have encountered other stability issues with this driver (that were not present in the earlier WSWB drivers)?  Please cc: Rob Sinclair (rsinc@xxxxxxxxxx), who will collect the results and let us know if this seems to be a widespread issue, hopefully in time for us to do something about it.

Thanks,

--Joe

Joe Toomey
Advisory Software Engineer