Re: [hyades-dev] Stability of the current WSWB M8 driver (200403261517)?

I actually have the Java activity enabled, and the Build Project and Build All items are still disabled.  Curtis's note from a moment ago explains why, so this does not appear to be a stability issue.  I certainly agree that it's a usability issue, because if you choose to "clean" a project (because you'd like to rebuild it, but that menu item is now disabled), it does not enable the Rebuilt Project item.  In the case of Hyades, where the builders don't properly build everything on the first try, this is a real hassle.  But you're right -- I can provide that feedback to the Eclipse newsgroup, now that I know it's a deliberate change.

I'm still looking for feedback from anyone else with stability issues with this driver (or with wswb-30M8-200403291703).

Thanks,
--Joe

Joe Toomey
Advisory Software Engineer
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
tel: (781) 676-7668
fax: (781) 676-7640

Valentina Popescu <popescu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/31/2004 10:33 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Robert Sinclair/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
Re: [hyades-dev] Stability of the current WSWB M8 driver (200403261517)?

Joe, WSWB M8 0326 driver has the activities feature implemented - and enabled

Build Project and Build All menu items are disabled because the Java activity is disabled by default.

To make them available, go to Window>Configure Activities... and select Java activity. This seams to be an usability issue in the end, but this is the way Eclipse 3.0 will behave.. so if you want this to be changed, input your feedback on the Eclipse newsgroup or open a defect against Eclipse

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs,   popescu@xxxxxxxxxx
(905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
fax: (905) 413-4920

Joseph P Toomey <jptoomey@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/31/2004 10:23 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Robert Sinclair <rsinc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[hyades-dev] Stability of the current WSWB M8 driver (200403261517)?

I picked up the latest WSWB M8 driver (200403261517) yesterday, and having used it only sparingly, I have some concerns about stability.  The driver hung once when I was trying to do a CVS Synchronize with Repository, and crashed once when trying to launch a runtime workbench.  I'll paste the log from the crash at the bottom of this note in case anyone is curious, but the problem is not reproducible.  Beyond these problems, I have also seen the Build Project and Build All menu items disabled in the Java perspective (with a java project selected in the package explorer), and I don't know if that is a reproducible defect or not.

Given that this driver could become the WSWB M8 driver, I'd like to solicit feedback from other people using this driver.  Within the next 48 hours, can you please post if you have encountered the problems I describe above, or if you have encountered other stability issues with this driver (that were not present in the earlier WSWB drivers)?  Please cc: Rob Sinclair (rsinc@xxxxxxxxxx), who will collect the results and let us know if this seems to be a widespread issue, hopefully in time for us to do something about it.

Thanks,

--Joe

Joe Toomey
Advisory Software Engineer