Re: [hyades-dev] Cannot connect to secure RAC

Giridhar,

Security is not supported in Hyades.  While you can configure the data collection engine (RAC) for secure connections, the Hyades client does not support it.

Dave N. Smith
Data Collection Tooling
IBM Toronto Laboratory
D3/RNQ/8200/MKM
External: 905-413-3916
Tieline: 969-3916

"Giridhar" <giridhar_s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hyades-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/01/2004 06:38 AM

Please respond to
hyades-dev

hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[hyades-dev] Cannot connect to secure RAC

Hi,
I am having problems running RAC with security enabled.
The security config that I have provided in serviceconfig.xml is:

<AgentControllerConfiguration activeConfiguration="default" jvm="C:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\bin" loggingDetail="LOW" loggingLevel="WARNING" port="10002" securePort="10003" version="5.0.0">
 <Security configuration="default" library="JSSE" provider="com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider" keystoreManager="org.eclipse.hyades.execution.security.KeyStoreManagerImpl" keystore="C:\Girinew.jks" cipherSuites="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5" clientAuthenticate="FALSE" aclEnabled="TRUE" keystorePassword="********">
   <UserDefinition name="Giri" authenticationType="OS"></UserDefinition>
 </Security>
Is it necessary to include group definitions in the security config for proper working?

After this config is done, the RAC starts running with SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5 appearing on the console, but when I try to profile an app from Eclipse, I get a username and password dialog... In this dialog, after I enter my username and password, I get IWAT0112E error saying my workbench cannot access the secure RAC, and I must disable the security on the RAC to proceed. What is the problem, and how do I set it right? Is it a problem with the RAC config or with Eclipse? A little investigation revealed that getConfigurationElementsFor(pluginId, "JSSEProviders") was returning null, and hence the error message. I have used Java keytool to generate the keystore and the certificates. Please advise,

Thanks,
Giridhar. S

Back to the top