[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hyades-dev] dynamic classpath option missing on the M7 driver
- From: Kim Coleman <kcoleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:34:53 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thursday, 02/19/2004 at 09:01 EST, Suzanne Dirkers/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
> Hi Kim,
> The only 2 projects I was attempting to bring into my workspace
> org.eclipse.hyades.test.http, and org.eclipse.hyades.test.tests.
Sorry not to get back to you sooner - I spaced this earlier today. It
works OK for me, so either I am doing something slightly different or
someone fixed your problem while I wasn't looking. :-) Here is what I did:
1. Grabbed the 3.0m7/EMF/GEF WSWB bundle
2. Unzipped both the hyades.runtime and hyades.test packages from the most
recent Hyades HEAD build
3. Commented out the nasty JET stuff in
plugins\org.eclipse.emf.codegen/plugin.xml, as advised by Curtis yesterday
4. Launched eclipse, turned off auto-build, checked out the two projects
above from HEAD
5. Did the "Not in Workspace" thing in the PDE Target Platform prefs, and
did Project->Build All
Worked like a charm...eventually. Places I initially went wrong, so
perhaps you might, too:
I don't work with the Hyades test packages, so I never noticed they're a
separate download from the hyades.runtime bundle and I didn't install them
originally. Of course my build had lots of unresolved refs because I
didn't have any of the org.eclipse.hyades.test plugins in my eclipse
plugins dir. Doh!
I installed the hyades.test plugins, but eclipse failed to notice there
was anything new. That is, the test plugins didn't show up in the plugin
details even after a restart. I don't know if this is a 3.0 bug or if 3.0
has changed in some way that forces an extra "Hey stupid, new stuff over
here!" step that I don't know about.
I tossed my workspace and my eclipse\.config directory to make it a brave
new world as far as Eclipse was concerned. When I relaunched eclipse this
time, the hyades test plugins showed up in the plugin details and steps 4
& 5 worked like a charm.
I hope this helps.