Re: [hyades-dev] dynamic classpath option missing on the M7 driver

On Thursday, 02/19/2004 at 09:01 EST, Suzanne Dirkers/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
wrote:
> Hi Kim,
>
>          The only 2 projects I was attempting to bring into my workspace
were:
> org.eclipse.hyades.test.http, and org.eclipse.hyades.test.tests.

dev.eclipse.org appears to be down right now, but I will try this out
later today. Meanwhile, are there others in Raleigh working with the
test.* plugins? How have they gotten around the problem? I just wondered
if someone else on your side has already figured it out, but doesn't
realize it.

>  I am wondering how it is
> that we manage to 'build' things to put on Hoplite that people claim are
fine
> at M7 but you cannot use them in Eclipse as a developer. Obviously they
must be
> building in the background outside of Eclipse with ANT or something.

Yes, the automated builds are done outside Eclipse. We do the same thing
with our plugin builds in Cupertino. Unfortunately, Eclipse's build system
doesn't lend itself to build automation. So, our developers are usually
building interactively from inside Eclipse and our automated build are
not. Ick.

Yesterday, I pulled a good bit of Hyades - as much as I could without
making 3.0M7 crash - and built it successfully from inside Eclipse. This
included org.eclipse.hyades.execution.*, models.*, ui.*, probekit.*,
collection.* and core.*.

My build didn't include any of org.eclipse.hyades.test.* or other
important bits like sequence diagrams or SDB, so it is not a conclusive
test. But certainly, I don't think we have a widespread dependency
problem. We'll probably find that there are a few plugins with "issues". I
think you just got lucky. :-)

-Kim

Back to the top