Re: [hyades-dev] dynamic classpath option missing on the M7 driver

On Wednesday, 02/18/2004 at 03:49 EST, Suzanne Dirkers/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
wrote:
>     I might also mention that I got some of the oddest errors on trying
> build http that sounded like they were from the eclipse framework, as
well.
> Things about "internal errors" and so forth.   I decided the zip file I
got
> from you was not working well enough to be usable.
> Suzanne

This is a long standing problem. Something in the http test packages gives
Eclipse's builder a heart attack (well, really a null pointer exception
:-). There was some discussion of this on the newsgroup awhile back -
probably at least 6 months ago. Since I have the luxury of doing so, I
usually get around it by not checking out any of the
org.eclipse.hyades.test.* projects.  :-) But my recollection is that
things will work OK if you do not use Project->Build All.

Regarding your larger problem, I'm attempting to try out a build from HEAD
in our environment, to provide another data point. But so far, I can't
check everything out of Hyades CVS without causing 3.0M7 to self-destruct.
More null ptr exceptions. I cannot even bring up the Package Explorer once
I checkout all the Hyades projects. I'm presently sneaking up on it by
checking out a few projects at a time, but it keeps hitting the wall.

If you want to send me a project set, I'll try checking out just the set
of projects you're attempting to build and let you know if my mileage
differs at all.

I *can* tell you that I can successfully build some of our own plugins
under 3.0 without the build path thingy set. And normally, we do rely on
that in our 2.1 based builds. Perhaps one of the dependencies isn't
correctly reflected in the project and the 2.1 pref setting was acting as
crutch, without anyone realizing it.

-Kim

Kim Coleman
PurifyPlus Development