Marcelo is right, the problem is actually generated by the JET builder. I've been misled by the fact that all Hyades plugins have also the jars beside of the source code and in my quick test I've been able to run the workspace (after I commented out that line). We might need to remove the runtime jars from CVS (this will also reduce the amount of time required to extract the projects), the runtime jars should be packaged only in Hyades Runtime zip file.

Thanks !

Marius Slavescu

Tuesday, September 02, 2003 2:36 PM
To: hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc: Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
From: Marcelo Paternostro/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Subject: Re: [hyades-dev] Anyone else having this build problem?

Hi,

I've did a couple tests and it seems that this problem is caused by the following plugins:

- org.eclipse.hyades.test.http
- org.eclipse.hyades.test.java
- org.eclipse.hyades.test.manual

This is happening because  of the jet nature of those projects.  The Jet Engine is an EMF facility that allows code generation from "JSP like" templates.  There are 2 workarounds to avoid the problem:
1. Close the 3 projects or
2. Delete the jet builder entry in the .project file of each project

By copying Frank and Ed:
I am pasting here the exception that is thrown when the "Build All" is executed - everything works fine if each project is build separately.  Do you know what is causing this?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.handleException(BuildManager.java:161)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.handleException(InternalPlatform.java:450)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:891)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:413)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:165)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:212)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:884)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1600)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:85)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.repo.RepositoryManager.run(RepositoryManager.java:796)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.actions.CVSAction$1.run(CVSAction.java:242)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

FYI we are using the EMF version that comes with the wswb 2.1.1 driver (20030620_1105VL)

Best regards,

Marcelo Paternostro
IBM Toronto Lab
Voice: 1-905-413-3942