Re: [hyades-dev] saved statistical models

Hi Antony,

There is a small bug in the plugin.xml of
org.eclipse.hyades.models.statistical plugin, it register a different URI
then the one defined in the generated code.

There are two quick workarounds until we get it fixed in CVS:

1. replace in plugin.xml
   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.generated_package">
      <package
            uri="http://www.eclipse.org/hyades/models/statistical.xmi";
            class
="org.eclipse.hyades.models.statistical.StatisticalPackage">
      </package>
   </extension>

with
            uri="http://www.eclipse.org/hyades/statistical.xmi";
            class
="org.eclipse.hyades.models.statistical.StatisticalPackage">
      </package>
   </extension>

or

2. call StatisticalPackageImpl.init() before you use the model code (you
can do this in your Plugin class for example in the startup() method)

Thanks !
Marius Slavescu

                      "Antony Miguel"
                      <antony.miguel@sca        To:       <hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      patech.com>               cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [hyades-dev] saved statistical models
                      hyades-dev-admin@e
                      clipse.org

                      08/08/2003 06:41
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      hyades-dev

Hi,

I have been saving some statistical models made up primarily of
SDMemberDescriptors, SDCounterDescriptors and SDContiguousObservations.

I can save the model ok but then when I try to load it I get a socket
connect IOException.  On changing the proxy settings It would appear that
the XML parser is looking for the file

http://www.eclipse.org/hyades/statistical.xmi

presumably because it is referenced in the model here:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>

<Statistical:SDDescriptor xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="
http://www.omg.org/XMI"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:Statistical="
http://www.eclipse.org/hyades/statistical.xmi"; name="Scapa Statistical
Model Trace">

The file doesn't exist and the load fails.

I've loaded ExecutionHistory files in the same way and had no problems.  is
there something missing from the statistical model stuff or is this a bug?
or is there something I might be doing wrong?

Also,  when I look at the saved statistical model in a text editor I can't
see any references to SDContiguousObservations which were there when I
saved the model.  Should the SDContiguousObservation stuff be in the saved
file? is it stored somewhere else? has the saving not been implemented yet?

(I need to get saving/loading statistical models working asap - any help
from anyone would be much appreciated)

cheers

Antony Miguel

antony.miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx