Re: [hyades-dev] CBE implementation classes have protected default contructors

Hi Keyur,

It sounds like you are trying to use the bean serializer in AXIS.  If so,
then the real problem here is that CBEs are not beans.  Even if you had the
default c'tors it would just expose other problems.  It sounds to me like
what you need is an AXIS serializer/deserializer.  Are you using AXIS, or
SOAP?  If you are using AXIS, contact me off-line.  I've got a prototype
AXIS serializer/deserializer that we've developed and which I hope to get
included in the next drop of CBE that I may be able to clean up and share
with you until the next drop.

Thanks,
John Gerken
Emerging Technologies Toolkit Development
IBM Emerging Technologies Software Group
John_Gerken@xxxxxxxxxx

                      "keyur@xxxxxxxxx"
                      <keyur                   To:       hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      hyades-dev-admin@        Subject:  [hyades-dev] CBE implementation classes have protected default
                      eclipse.org               contructors

                      06/04/2003 03:49
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      hyades-dev

I'm trying to use the CommonBaseEventImpl class in a parameter to a method
in a stateless session bean which will eventually evolve into a Apache-SOAP
web service. In order to do that however, CommonBaseEventImpl and all
referenced classes need to have public default contructors.

Any chance of this change being adopted? Or suggestions on how to make the
web service work without changing the access level of the contructors?

Thanks in advance,

Keyur Dalal
IBM Corp.