[hyades-dev] Hyades - Execution Histories Model Subgroup May 20 meeting notes

Following are the meeting notes for the May 20 Execution Histories Model Subgroup meeting.

Attachments include:
- Hyades - Execution Histories Model Subgroup May20 Meeting Notes.txt - File version of the notes from below
- org.eclipse.hyades.models.common.zip - A zip of the common package with changes to the test profile. These should be available in May 22 drop of Hyades.
-  I have also attached a zip of the common package, the changes of interest being in the testprofile package.

Regards,
ashish
Ashish K. Mathur
Advisory Software Engineer
IBM - SWG - Rational Division
Phone: (919)845-3213      Fax: (919)845-3250
Email: akmathur@xxxxxxxxxx

Execution Histories Model Subgroup meeting on May 20, 2003

Attendees
---------
Ashish Mathur - IBM Rational
Gian Franco Bonini - SAP
Marcelo Paternosto - IBM Toronto
Joe Toomey - IBM Rational Lexington
Kent Siefkes - IBM rational Raleigh

Agenda/Discussion/Decisions:
----------------------------
1. Antony's proposals:
        - Apologies to Antony for not scheduling this meeting at an earlier time.
        - Add 2 more typed events for 'suspend' and 'resume'
        - Add a TPFTimerEvent(name, start, duration)
        - Add a TPFWaitEvent(duration)

        - These are all good things to add.
        - Due to timing constraints and the need to avoid adding to
          the existing model, we could
                - maybe use the existing events to address the needs
                  of the proposed events.
                - add these in the next release of Hyades
        - The framework does allow for extension by a vendor.
        - TPFTimerEvent
                - This could be separated into a 'start timer' and a 'stop
                  timer' with both being TPFTypedEvents. The viewer could
                  then figure out the duration.
        - TPFWaitEvent
                - Could use the 'text' field in the TPFExecutionEvent to log
                  the duration.
        - We still need to get agreement from Antony if this addresses his
          needs in Release 1.
2. Execution Event Layout:
        - Specify which attributes are required vs. optional
        - Specify default values for each enumeration

        - See the attached specification for required vs. optional attributes
        - See the attached model for the common package, specifically the Execution
          class diagram.

3. Loader for Execution Events:
        - Who's writing the loader?

        - Marcelo: The loader may be similar to the one that exists in Component
          Testing today.
        - Will have to be re-written.
        - There are examples to follow.
        - Marcelo floated names but this is still a question.

3. Logging context:
        - Does the executor know which execution history its logging against?

        - The Executor may need to know which execution History its logging
          against via an ID, whether it be the ID from the ExecutionResult or the
          ID from the context within the execution framework.
        - The knowledge of the context may not be execution event -based to allow
          attaching to a running test.
        - Discussion to continue at the next meeting.

Action Items:
------------
1. Check with Allan Pratt on the data types for timestamps. Is our usage
   of 'long' appropriate? Is there a consensus on what that type needs to be? - Ashish
2. Check with Serge, what would be the default for a TPFVerdict.
   We recommend 'inconclusive'. - Ashish
3. Check with Antony about the decisions with respect to his proposals. - Ashish
[...]

	  needs in Rel 1.
2. Execution Event Layout:
	- Specify which attributes are required vs. optional
	- Specify default values for each enumeration

	- See the attached specification for required vs. optional attributes
	- See the attached model for the common package, specifically the Execution
	  class diagram.

3. Loader for Execution Events:
	- Who's writing the loader?

	- Marcelo: The loader may be similar to the one that exists in Component
	  Testing today.
	- Will have to be re-written.
	- There are examples to follow.
	- Marcelo floated names but this is still a question.

3. Logging context:
	- Does the executor know which execution history its logging against?

	- The Executor may need to know which which execution History its logging