[hyades-dev] CFGLocation extensions

Hello All,

I was wondering about CFGLocations within the common/configuration
model, specifically about how we extend them, and store the extra
properties associated with a particular type/extension of CFGLocation.

I assume that the 'correct' way to do it would be to add a new type of
(extension) CFGLocation to the model, specifying all its properties and
do an EMF code-gen to generate the java interface. However this would
mean that every new type of location would require modelling and
code-generation. Alternatively we could just add extra properties to
CFGLocation itself, perhaps say a 'type' property to uniquely identify
the location type, and a collection of name/value pairs to hold the
extra properties necessary to fully describe that location type (e.g.
ip-address in the case of machine).

I imagine that we're going to require at least a 'machine' type of
location for release 1 and hope that the configuration model team could
advise which approaches would be best to support this, and actually go
ahead and do it.

Neil

Back to the top