[hyades-dev] Meeting minutes from 06-May-2003 Execution Histories Model Subgroup

Attached find the meeting minutes from the 06-May-2003 Execution Histories Model Subgroup meeting. I have also included the text in-line for your convenience.

Regards,
ashish
Ashish K. Mathur
IBM - SWG - Rational Division
Phone: (919)845-3213      Fax: (919)845-3250
Email: akmathur@xxxxxxxxxx

Execution Histories Model Subgroup, 6-May-2003

Attending
---------
Ashish Mathur       - IBM Rational Raleigh
Antony Miguel       - Scapa
Gian Franco Bonini  - SAP
Marcelo Paternostro - IBM Toronto
Kent Siefkes        - IBM Rational Raleigh

Agenda
----------
1. Revision of the Model based on Marcelo's discussions with Harm Sluiman
    - In Release 1, go with something simple, due to timing constraints
        - Simple ExecutionHistory
        - No correlation with trace
        - No correlation with behavior
    - Model changes for the Execution section of the testprofile in
      the common package
        - Please see the attached model for details, apart from a
          description below
        - This change is a work in progress and will continue in
          subsequent discussions
        - Each TestCase is associated with 0 or more TPFExecutionResult,
          one for every execution of the TestCase
        - Each TPFExecutionResult will contain exactly one
          TPFExecutionHistory. This is so that we can associate other
          execution related data with the TPFExecutionResult in the
          future, like traces etc.
        - Each TPFExecutionHistory contains multiple TPFExecutionEvent.
        - TPFExecutionEvent is further specialized
            - based on the type of events
            - to avoid redundant space
            - restrict attributes
    - TestCase reference in an Execution result
        - Each TPFExecutionResult will store the version information
          about the test case gotten from configuration management
        - The version is typically needed if the resource has since
          changed now that we want to correlate back to the behavior
    - In-case of TestCase invoking other testcases
        - Upper level TestCase will have
            - Execution event called TPFInvocationEvent that will
              reference the TPFExecutionHistory from the TestCase its
              invoking.
            - should be able to open the TPFExecutionHistory
              corresponding to the invocation event.

2. What kind of events does the ExecutionHistory of a TestCase contain?
    - All Test Events?
    - All SUT Events?
    - Any other events?
    - The events and their attributes proposed so far are:
        - TPFMessageEvent
            - severity (info, warning, error)
        - TPFStatusEvent
            - status (pass, fail, inconclusive, error)
        - TPFTypedEvent
            - type (start, stop)
        - TPFInvocationEvent
    - SUT logged events are not part of the Execution History

3. Mapping between Logged Events and behavior in trace.
    - Is the mapping persisted? Where?
    - Move out of Release 1 due to timing constraints

4. Mapping of Logged Test Events to behavior of TestCase in
   the model (if its modeled)
    - Is this mapping persisted? Where?
    - Move out of Release 1 due to timing constraints

Proposals:
-----------------
Attached is the proposed model for the Execution history section of
test profile.

Questions
--------------
1. Regarding Execution Result to hold the TestCase version info:
    - In the case where the TestCase is a blackbox and includes
      a reference to an external file, the test case may not be
      versioned but the file it  points to may be more frequently
      versioned. How do we capture that?
Action Items
-----------------
1. How do we retrieve the version information of the TestCase
   being executed? Kent to follow-up in the execution meeting

Execution Histories Model Subgroup, 6-May-2003

Attending
---------
Ashish Mathur       - IBM Rational Raleigh
Antony Miguel       - Scapa
Gian Franco Bonini  - SAP
Marcelo Paternostro - IBM Toronto
Kent Siefkes        - IBM Rational Raleigh

Agenda
----------
1. Revision of the Model based on Marcelo's discussions with Harm Sluiman
    - In Release 1, go with something simple, due to timing contraints
        - Simple ExecutionHistory
        - No correlation with trace
        - No correlation with behavior
    - Model changes for the Execution section of the testprofile in
      the common package
        - Please see the attached model for details, apart from a
          descrition below
        - This change is a work in progress and will continue in
          subsequent discussions
        - Each TestCase is associated with 0 or more TPFExecutionResult,
          one for every executin of the testcase
        - Each TPFExecutionResult will contain exactly one
          TPFExecutionHistory. This is so that we can associate other
          execution related data with the TPFExecutionResult in the
          future, like traces etc.
        - Each TPFExecutionHistory contains multiple TPFExecutionEvent.
        - TPFExecutionEvent is further specialized
            - based on the type of events
            - to avoid redundant space
            - restrict atrributes
    - TestCase reference in an Execution result
        - Each TPFExecutiopnResult will store the version information
          about the test case gotten from configuration management
        - The version is typically needed if the resource has since
          changed now that we want to correlate back to the behavior
    - In-case of testcases invoking other testcases
[...]

    - Move out of Release 1 due to timing contraints

[...]

Back to the top