[hyades-dev] Meeting minutes for 4/29 Hyades Execution Team Meeting

Title: Meeting minutes for 4/29 Hyades Execution Team Meeting

I've attached the meeting notes for last week's meeting.  I apologize for the delay.

Kent Siefkes

<<Hyades Execution Group Meeting Notes - Apr 29.txt>>

Execution Team Group Weekly Meeting, 11AM Eastern, Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003

Attending
---------
Kent Siefkes, IBM Rational Raleigh
Joe Toomey, IBM Rational Lexington
Anthony Miguel, Scapa
Kim Coleman, IBM Rational Cupertino
Kris Kobylinski, IBM Toronto
Victor Haven, IBM Rational Cupertino
Richard Duggan, IBM Toronto
Mike Silverstein, Silvermark

Proposed Agenda
-------------------------
1. Review blocking issues Inside and Outside the group, e.g. what's prevent us from making progress, especially
   coding.

2. Review control events Kris sent out

3. Review implementation ownership and address open issues

4. Discuss plan to Extend use cases with remote side interactions

5. Discuss execution of Test Suites, and what we deliver for Rel. 1 (limit to high level agreement)

6. Review Richard's items #5-6 on initial list

7. Review UC4 [deferred]

Recorded discussion
-------------------
1. Reviewed blocking issues (from last week, and new issues)
   A. Inside group
	* Issues blocking Antony last week have been addressed by Kim, Joe, and Richard.
   B. Outside group
	* Kris is now unblocked on the remote APIs for control and collecting data (via logging)
	* Antony looking for sample or example code that uses the RAC or additional tutoring from Data Collection
	  team [Richard will address with Antony on 4/30]
	* Richard volunteered himself to be the delegate from his team to work closely with execution team to get
	  coding traction
	* Need communication infrastructure Interface(s) from Richard's team that will be available in Release 1,
          or execution group develops as needed for control channel [This topic to be addressed in an additional
	  4pm meeting 4/29]

2. Reviewed control and report data events Kris sent out
	* For Release 1, 1.1 control events will be Start, Stop, Suspend, Resume.  Vendors can extend this list.
	* Report Data events that Kris listed are to be handled instead by Execution Events subgroup of the Data
	  Collection Team

3. Reviewed implementation ownership and address open issues

	Open issues regarding ownership of listener on workbench side that feeds model loader(s), and the loaders
	themselves were resolved as follows:

	* Marius has built loaders for all the existing models & events, will evolve as they evolve.
	* There is a data channel reader (implements IDataChannel) already built by Richard's team.

4. Discuss plan to Extend use cases with remote side interactions
	* Make decision at 4pm meeting on immediate vs. deferred remote communication, and then determine owner
	  for use case realization to reflect that decision.

5. Discussed execution of Test Suites, and what we deliver for Rel. 1 (limit to high level agreement)
	* This is felt to be a key Hyades interop, and we really want to deliver this for Release 1, based on
	  the Test Model behavior facade.  We recognize this could be subject to resource availability, and
	  will retain priority on our existing use cases.
	* Need to discuss how a remote Executor calls a Test Case (how does that work).  This was deferred to
	  a follow-up meeting, and we discussed general technique (access to workstation model, involving
	  communication back to the workstation), but deferred this post Release 1.

6. Reviewed Richard's items #5-6 on his initial list of API change requests.  These were both approved.

New Action Items
* Joe, schedule a 4pm meeting 4/29 and a follow-up meeting to go over remote side interactions,
  IExecutor creation pattern, including remote invocation (relates to removal of CreateExecutor method)

Back to the top