[hyades-dev] Commitment items from Data Collection team

To be discussed on the weekly commitment call, the following items are what we plan to commit with the 31 - April -2003 drop.

***  Replacement of the IChannelReader interface with the IDataChannel interface
As part of our work of implementing the data channel bindings in Java and runtime in C, we thought it would be better to make the channels use streams instead of 'roll your own' handlers.  We came up with the org.eclipse.hyades.collection.framework.channel. IDataChannel interface.  I would like to have this replace the IChannelReader interface and move it to the org.eclipse.hyades.execution.core package.

*** Change the IDataChannel stream setters to getters
The IDataChannel API's for setting the reader/writer streams from shared memory should be getters.

***  Additional Error handling in the IDataChannel
We have enhansed the error handling code in the shared memory native layer to populate exception information with explanations why errors have occured when working with shared memory segments.

*** Addition of a IProcessConsole interface

The name may not be correct, but we have a requirement for console interaction with our IExecutor realizations that map to processes.  We have defined the org.eclipse.hyades.collection.framework.executor.IProcessConsole interface for obtaining streams for each of the stdin, stdout, and stderr native streams.

*** Provide a getter for the IProcessConsole on the IExecutor

Once a IExecutor relaization has been launched it is ncessary to obtain its console through some means.  It makes sence to provide a getter on the IExecutor interface for achieving this.

*** Make the IOrderedProperty interface extend the clonable interface

When dealing with IOrderedProperties it often becomes necessary to make a copy of the original for local modification.  Addition of the clonable  interface would standardize this and save persons from continuously writing the same copy code.
 Of course., this would also entail changing our implementation.

Richard K. Duggan
Problem Determination Enablement
IBM Toronto Laboratory
External: 905-413-2396