RE: [hyades-dev] Re: [Hyades-team] Test and trace model alignment - clarification needed

I'm glad we're all thinking about this one.  I had a nasty feeling we'd
lost it somehow. However as Harm says I think it may be a Hyades 2 or
1.1 issue, not a Hyades 1.0 issue, as long as we're not doing anything
in 1.0 which is going to break badly when we bring the models together
later.

Let's not lose sight of it though.

Silvermark's comments are interesting about matching the granularity
(i.e. the stack-slice level) with the test granularity (or rather the
objective of the test). I guess we have this interesting possibility of
the UI being able to drill through a test case into the trace of its
execution then into the trace of the SUT during test execution, both in
terms of the layer that was directly being driven, but also internal
layers and systems parameters.

There are another couple of ideas worth bringing up (again for versions
beyond 1 I think).

1) reverse-engineering the behavioural logic into the trace (e.g.
detecting loops and representing them as such in the trace).
2) reverse-engineering the data logic (i.e. the logic by which the API
call parameters have been populated) at the point of tracing.  This is
one of our hobby-horses, but you really do need to do it if you're going
to do anything sensible in automated test data creation on transactional
systems.

I've got another issue that I think I need closure on in V1, which I'll
bring up separately.

Mike