[hyades-dev] Test and trace model alignment - clarification needed

Hi all.

During the last test model subgroup meetings the issue of alignment
between test and trace model came up. I had a look at the current trace
model and feel I need some clarification regarding alignment of the two
models. Maybe some trace model subgroup members and others could
comment.

Most of the components discussed in the test model are part of the
common package. A dependency has been defined between the common and the
trace package. In its current state the trace package does not extend or
seem to share any concepts with the common package. How do I have to
interpret the dependency in this case. It really is a dependency
constraint in its current state which would have to be applied in future
model iterations ?

What is the plan regarding alignment in the future ? I was under the
impression that we were striving for a much closer alignment from the
start. You might call me biased in this respect. In Scapa's universe
test and trace are essentially the same. The white paper on the
Eclipse/Hyades website seems to suggest the same though. I suppose that
viewing test and trace as more or less the same thing does not only
apply to Scapa's world of testing. It seems intuitive. Maybe some people
could comment on this and give some examples pro and con to that view ?

It is obvious that if test and trace are considered the same or at least
considered closely aligned that there would be a lot re-use of concepts
of one model in the other. What are our plans in that respect ? And how
can this be accomplished once the first version of Hyades (sticking to
the current structure) is out ?

In anticipation of a lot of comments ...

	Stefan

Back to the top