[hyades-dev] Meeting Minutes from Test Model subgroup meeting, 17-Apr-2003

Sorry for the delay in posting these.

--Joe

Joe Toomey
Senior Staff Software Engineer
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
tel: (781) 676-7668
fax: (781) 676-7640

Proposed Agenda:
---------------

Test Model meeting agenda, 17-Apr-2003

* Discuss Test Case vs Test Suite
* Gather some membership for Execution Histories subgroup
	- Agree on charter
	- Identify group leader
* Review current plan, and assign owners to outstanding tasks

Current plan:
1) Continue to identify key attributes and incorporate feedback from UI and Execution working groups.
2) Consider the implementation of 1 or more non-mandatory façades to facilitate Test Model interop. Begin defining a façade for suite behaviors.
3) Continue specifying the common configuration package, addressing where we match up with the Trace Model team.

Recorded Discussion:
-------------------

* Discuss Test Case vs Test Suite
	- Agreement within group that, for Hyades 1.0.0, we will allow a user to create a Test Suite, which will; bring up a wizard.  After the Test Suite is created, the user can then gesture on the test suite to add new test case(s) that will be owned by the test suite.  In addition, test suite behaviors can invoke existing test cases (or test suites) that are preexisting.

* Gather some membership for Execution Histories subgroup
	- Agree on charter
		- Collection of log events and test case verdicts
		- optional association to one or more traces
		- future need to correlate log events and verdicts to behavior modeled in Test Model
		- need to determine how test case verdicts are brought into test model, how & when verdicts are rolled up.
		- need to collaborate with Richard's execution events group.
	- Group membership
		- Ashish Mathur
		- Joe Toomey
		- Kent Siefkes
		- Serge Lucio
		- Marcelo Paternostro
		- Gian Franco Bonini
		- Stefan Daume
	- Identify group leader
		- ???
	- Solicit additional member(s) from Trace Model group

Actions:
-------

Solicit additional member(s) for Execution Histories subgroup from Trace Model group [Joe]
Identify group leader for Execution Histories subgroup [Joe]
Schedule first Execution Histories subgroup meeting [TBD Group Leader]
Consider the implementation of 1 or more non-mandatory façades to facilitate Test Model interop. Begin defining a façade for suite behaviors. [Marcelo]
Continue specifying the common configuration package, addressing where we match up with the Trace Model team.  Call additional meeting before Wed. [Joe]

Back to the top