RE: [hyades-dev] newbie to hyades

thanks Carl for the insights... really appreciate it...

- NJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl_Wicklow@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Carl_Wicklow@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 5:06 AM
To: hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hyades-dev] newbie to hyades

Hi Nemson,

I downloaded the v0.0.1 driver a couple of days ago. There's not a lot
there right now  - I don't know what your expectations are - but it is a
very early release.

I've only got the profiling working, but it demonstrates the potential of
the project nicely.

Take a look in your eclipse plug-in folder, under
org.eclipse.hyades.datacollection_0.0.1. There's a zip in there that
contains the JVMPI profiling engine, and a "getting started.txt" file.
Follow the instructions in there to get some profiling running.

You should also find you've got a "Profiling" perspective available in
Eclipse now. Open a new profiling perspective, right click in the
"Profiling Monitor" view, and launch or attach to an application (one you
have open in another perspective). Provided you have the RAServer running
(datacollection bit above), you should now be able to collect profiling
information for your application, and view sequence diagrams of your test
runs.

There's some Log collection capabilities in this drop, but I haven't played
with them as yet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Carl.

                    "Nemson De
                    Leon"                To:     hyades-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    <ndeleon@javt        cc:     (bcc: Carl Wicklow/CAM/Candle)
                    ech.com>             Subject:     [hyades-dev] newbie to hyades

                    04/09/03
                    03:30 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    hyades-dev

Hi,
I'm currently on a project on how to do java gui testing and I stumbled
into this great eclipse tool that addresses most of the testing that i
wanted. Well, I just did downloaded hyades and unzip it into eclipse's
plugins directory. When I restarted eclipse, I can't see any changes in my
eclipse's workbench. How would I know if Hyades is installed properly and
where would I see hyades in the workbench? BTW, am a little bit new to
eclipse too although I've done some reading on its manual somehow I can't
determine and run hyades. Can you please show me the right path on how to
run hyades? Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
NJ