Re: [hudson-dev] Contribution JP Proverbio

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your contribution to promote-builds plugins. It is very useful. We are  glad that you are planing to contribute to the core also. Here are the details how you can contribute to the core

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hudson-ci/development#Submitting_a_Patch_for_Non-Committers

What you have is a nice useful idea. One suggestion would be to add a name for each of the goal profile, so that it can be referenced from else where.

You are correct, the code for this maven 2 builder is inside the Hudson core

http://git.eclipse.org/c/hudson/org.eclipse.hudson.core.git/tree/hudson-core/src/main/java/hudson/tasks/Maven.java

You are welcome to add your enhancement to this Maven Builder.

But please note, we have deprecated this Maven Builder, in favor of Maven3 Builder which is part of Maven 3 Support Plugin

https://github.com/hudson3-plugins/maven3-support/blob/master/maven3-plugin/src/main/java/org/hudsonci/maven/plugin/builder/MavenBuilder.java

If you prefer you can add your enhancements to this Builder also.

For creating your Column (with multiple build buttons for each goal profile)  for the Dashboard View, you can write a small plugin that adds dependency to the Maven3 Support Plugin.

FYI..  My book covers detail on how to write a View Column Plugin in the Advanced Plugin Development Chapter with a sample plugin :-)

- Winston

Hello all,

I am Juan Pablo Proverbio and my first contribute to Hudson CI Server was with the promote-builds-plugin. I added the possibility of promote a build when determinate quantity of success builds is satisfied.

This time, I want to add a new functionality that my company needs and I know the community and other companies too.

The idea is configure many mvn goals inside job configuration - build section.

Inline image 2

So after the job configuration, in the dashboard the task will shows us the quantity of button of goals configured.

Inline image 3

This allows us to execute manual goals in the dashboard.

After research, I found (if I don't mistake) this code is inside the Hudson project.

I have not time to waste, so, what I need is you help me to find the sources of this Hudson part.

Also, what I need to assembly git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/hudson/org.eclipse.hudson.core.git?? because I couldn't. I guess I need are inside the Hudson infrastructure.

Please, have nice day!!
Best regards,

--
Juan Pablo Proverbio