Re: [hudson-dev] Issues for Hudson Monday Mtg.

Comment inline

On 23/08/2013 10:31, Duncan Mills wrote:
We're on a public holiday next Monday here in the UK so here is some stuff from me to communicate.

1. (Non-Eclipse) Infrastructure
1.a We're running short of space on the main Hudson-c.orgi WWW machine.  Currently a lot of this space is being grabbed by the update-sites (e.g. /opt/hudson/update-site2) and the apache logs. On the update sites we need to keep the copied under control. for the Apache logs we can always archive off to ahudv0001.us.oracle.com (the MySQL machine)
1.b Is there anything we can remove from from the WWW machine - e.g. the Jira or  Wiki? or do we want to keep those all around?
Jira could go, we still need to keep the wiki as some of the docs haven't made it to Eclipse yet.

2. Hudson 3.1.0 Release
2.a Bob has fixed an issue with an LGPL library that was accidentally dragged into the distro (jsr305)  Thanks
2.b I have one CQ to get approved as the Eclipse folks want a more precise CQ for JAXB 2.2.5 ( we have approval for 2.2 just not 2.2.5)
2.c Once RC2 is staged and I have the approval for 2.2 then I'll re-submit the IP log
2.d Ongoing plan and review doc is available from http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.hudson/releases/3.1.0 I'll submit this to the EMO etc once the IP log is approved

3. Hudson 3.1.1 Release
3.a I have created a new 3.1.1 release in the Plan. with a provisional release date of Dec 30th as a placeholder.  Any issues intended for this should be marked with candidate-3.1.1
3.b Additionally I've defined two themes for this release  UI Polish (Whiteboard tag: hudson-ui-polish) and Administration Improvements (Whiteboard tag: hudson-admin) as well as the normal bugfixes theme
3.c Winston needs to add this as new release in BugZilla
3.d I have deferred all of the unfixed bugs from the 3.1.0 release to this one - we may need to decide if some of these (e.g. Allow hot deployment of new plugins [392258]) should be pushed off to 3.2.0

4. Development Process
4.a Going forward any new feature should be tagged in the whiteboard with the theme (e.g. hudson-admin). This makes it possible to auto-generate the Plan and Release Review Doc.  Valid themes for the release should be documented in the plan  along with the whiteboard code to use.
4.b When you decide to implement a new feature please:
  • Create a BugZilla issue with the correct whiteboard theme and candidate release to track
  • Create a page in the wiki and link it from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hudson-ci/Planning page. I have retrospectively done this for team concept and the performance work.

Thanks
Duncan