[hudson-dev] adding svn updaters / how to proceed

i am not sure if this mail did go through last time - i never saw it appear.

hi,

we're using hudson to build a project. the setup is done in such a way that to deploy
to our QA environment, a tag is created. the newest tag is then built and deployed.

the frequency of tagging is rather high, so the delta between tags is small - but because
creating a tag will always make it a new URL, the svn checkout strategies are not
reallly playing nice with this - a fresh checkout is performed every time.

now - it seems it would be rather easy to implement an updater that tries to switch tags
first, and then (maybe) fallback to another strategy if that fails. for regular conflicts,
the resolution could be to always "use their's".

i have two issues with this:

1.) as easy as it may seem, setting up an environment in which i can easily develop & test
it seems a bit complicated.

2.) there might be a reason for not having this functionality in the plugin already, am i
missing it?

i'd be happy to learn and contribute - does anyone have any suggestions?

.rm

Back to the top