[hudson-dev] The core cannot be built :-(

Hi

I am trying to build the core git repositories from eclipse, but I am
not getting very far. It is getting very clear to me that we (or
rather the core team) is very dependent on building from specific
machines and with "personal" setups. I think we need to eat our own
dog food and get hudson on hudson up and running again and get hudson
building on it.

The list og problems I have encountered so far

1. Hudson core cannot build until hudson rest plugin is built. However
the rest plugin cannot build until hudson core has built at leat the
parent pom (and service jar if I remember). So the solution is to run
a build of hudson core which fails. Then build hudson rest plugin, and
then hudson core which now passes the previous error (but fails later
on)

2. Hudson core cannot build because of pmd errors. The pmd profile is
activated by default, so it must be meant to be run

3. Hudson core cannot build because it depends on hudson hpi plugin
3.0.1-SNAPSHOT, but the hudson hpi version in eclipse git is only
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT so building it wont solve the problem.

Besides actually having hudson built by a CI server to ensure it is
buildable, I think we should break the circular depdendency between
core and plugins.

Best regards
Henrik

Back to the top