Re: [hudson-dev] General newbie question (projects + job executions)

Thanks for your responses.

I am also new (not familiar) with Maven, but from what I heard, I will like need that as the “clue” to combine projects/artifacts together.  However, I don’t know what the learning curve will be like since I may have to start with something quickly and fast.

As for the remote job….  Will I still need to install something on the “farm” in order for Hudson to initiate and wait for job that way, it sounds like that I don’t if we are to just have Hudson to call and WAIT.  On the other hand, I do have integration test that will takes 12hrs + running on a 100CPU farm; so I will likely like to option to not to wait.

I am having problem with setting up ldap configuration and may need additional help.  For now, my plan is that everyone will need to logs on using the Windows authentication AND then certain ids will have special permissions (such as mine)….  However, I guess I will need an “admin” account that manage all of that, right?  I assumed that I do that via some configuration file.  Can you point me to it?

Currently, I am deploying Hudson as a WAR file inside JBoss, but that seems to make the editing of the configuration files so much more difficult….  Do you recommend that I deploy that as a native application?

Finally….  I am so sorry to have so many questions….  Can you recommend any additional resource/documentation for learning best practices and other aspects of Hudson….   I am starting with the Hudson “Book” from the web site, and some of the other PPTs that are available there; but you may have additional recommendations….  Just trying to learn the different available plug-ins are time consumingJ

Thanks again.

--Chung