[higgins-dev] Additions to app-data vocab as used in template contexts

Alexander,

Was talking with Iain MacNeil and he explained that in order to support the ability for the PDS to login to an existing account at a website or for it to automatically create a new account for the user at a website, it needs to present forms to the user. Since the set of attributes required in each case varies by website these need to be dynamic forms. Since the view-builder vocabulary already allows us to describe the attributes, etc. required to create a dynamic form, we thought we could re-use a view-builder structure to describe these (comparatively simple) login and registration forms.

A login form, for example, might require an email address and a password. So we would create a simple three node view-builder structure consisting of a parent Group node and two child Slot nodes for email and password. For the login form the slots would usually have view-builder:attribute values of proxy:userid and proxy:password respectively. In most websites these days the userid is an email address so the template context contain should "override" the default value of skos:prefLabel of proxy:userid by including the following statement so that the user sees a prompt for "Email" not for "Username":

proxy:userid
      skos:prefLabel "Email"@en .

In the template vocab [2] we already have two kinds of view-builder structures. One for the main context editor form/page and another for the "settings" page. These are attributes, template:viewRoot and template:settingsViewRoot, respectively of a template:ContextPrototype. So I added two new attributes, app-data:login and app-data:registration to [1].

Paul

Back to the top