[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [higgins-dev] Improving Higgins XDI syntax
- From: Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 01:09:24 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ClF7JFo9MQURNQXwrioVbC7CVDuIb//1IgekKvoscKU=; b=fa52BOFePdy4hFg4WO2TmUzP8TBj+9tAyhVr2AD/akbVnRzW5lKhfRVIooezvKMlAv m8iDMOZpYYDmgbWjMRtAm5R7XtsRrVYrZgD2bAEocfS0v+Blpfpvy43Bx7sYAdKO16tN rVS8D20+pbpwb857CEzknoj9Ja/PjMFYYkgR4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=TqIF4wflK4WJfheLYc2RYd7kst1kKHlqwQv3uK+kQnUqx35G10llRp4TXqaVdFKs/N /rn54W2im+IjcUz4W73McMpXESt/K9fMp/r0kGG2QnrV0Z65ylX9wSfj5jin4O3IFscB 0rntb9KxLxP0TBiEGwAhK1kQVNVzp+8KGUiuY=
Yes, XRI Resolution has to be updated to support XRD instead of XRDS.
In the meantime, there's a service that can resolve XRIs and map their XRDS to an XRD.
A standard LRDD resolver starting with
should correctly discover the XRD for ="">
For Higgins, this means that the UDI resolver (higgins.idas.udi) could probably be simplified to use LRDD for both XRIs and URIs, instead of using XRI Resolution for the format and Yadis for the latter.
On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Paul Trevithick <ptrevithick@xxxxxxxxx>
On Aug 6, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Drummond Reed wrote:
1) UDIs not URNs
EntityIDs are supposed to be resource UDIs not URNs. So after we correct that error in our XDI then the entityIDs will look like this:
- =mydex is the name of the PDS operator
- @alice is the community name assigned to alice by Mydex
This is not correct. @alice is a global organization i-name. This should be *alice.
Oops, of course! I knew that :-)
- $context indicates that we're looking for a "context" service endpoint in the LDDR/XRD
- $xdi indicates that this entityID can be accessed over XDI
- +home+and+family is the id of the context
It's been so long since I've worked with UDIs and UDI resolution that I can't answer this. Markus will have to. However service endpoint selection is no longer part of XRD (as opposed to XRDS), so I think there's going to be an issue here one way or another.
The intent of the UDI term was not to invent anything new. The intent was to have a word that meant "either XRI resolution or Linked Data URI or <some other std discoverable reference>"
So WRT XRI-UDIs our intent was to track whatever XRI resolution is defined to be per the latest thoughts of the XRI TC. It sounds like you're saying that the XRI resolution spex haven't been revised to work with XRD (as opposed to XRDS). Is that right?
higgins-dev mailing list