[higgins-dev] Representing IMI cards as contexts in PDM 2.0

Sergey/all,

I have discovered that representing each IMI card (whether managed, personal, or the r-card variants of each) as a sub-class of Context rather than a bunch of cards living inside an i-card container context works better. I haven't update all of the images here [1] (at least look at [2]), but the first couple are now correct. Since each managed card may have its own schema treating it as a context means that our schema mapping approaches work well.

Further, for data sharing use cases if we implement access control only at the coarse grained context level of the card/context I think we can go a long way. This will save us many person-months of work on finer-grained access control modeling and enforcement.

More details to follow. I'm working up to a "big" email on alice to bob data sharing using r-cards that's for a demo that we'd like to do at IIW (mid May). That email will fill in lots of details. For a sneak peak, have a look at this image [3].

--Paul

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Persona_Data_Model_2.0#I-Card_Ontology_.28icard.owl.29
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Image:M-card-explained.png
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/IIW_May_2010_Data_Sharing_Demo