[higgins-dev] How can I manage users or cards in CardSync?

Hello,

For quite some time, I've been trying to deploy my local CardSync
install. Now, I think I'm almost there, but I see no way of adding
users or cards to my installation. I have modified all the
configuration files properly (I think...), created the correct table
in my MySQL DB and executed the initial script that can be found in
org.eclipse.higgins.icard.provider.cardspace.db.mysql/sql/mysql.sql. I
also have the TokenService running, so I went ahead and created a
user, just to be sure, even though I've been told that CardSync is not
dependent on the STS. Now, even though I can't figure out how to add
users and cards to my database, I tried to authenticate with the
CloudSelector, but I always get this error:

org.eclipse.higgins.user.login.exception.UserNotFoundException:
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login Failure: all modules
ignored

Since my databases are empty, I'm not too surprised by that behaviour.

So what am I missing here? Do I have my manually populate my database
tables? Is there a service or something that can help me with that
process?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Back to the top